Procedure Terms and Conditions
Note: You must keep your weight stable post operatively. Smoking and alcohol will delay and can cause complications to your healing process.
The Terms and Conditions of this Contract apply to all services and procedures carried out by surgeons/doctors at MCC. These terms and conditions take precedence over the contents of any literature or written material provided to the Patient where such contents conflicts with these Terms and Conditions.
MCC Obligations and Warranties
- Surgeons are registered with the General Medical Council and are obliged to maintain full Private Practice medical Indemnity Insurance with the appropriate insurers.
- Consultants would have been granted Practicing Privileges at the Hospital where the surgical procedures are performed.
- Surgeons and Medical Practitioners are engaged as independent contractors and are professionally and legally liable for and directly accountable to the patient, for their own tortious acts, clinical advice and treatment and breach of contract.
- MCC is not vicariously or in any way liable for the acts, omissions or breach pf contract by the independent surgeon or doctor. Such liability remains always with the surgeon or doctor.
- All surgeons/doctors are self-employed and make their own clinical decisions at all times. The decision to carry out surgery shall be at the discretion of the Consultant/Surgeon and the Anaesthetist only.
- This contract is conditional upon the acceptance of the Patient by the consultant/surgeon based upon information given by the patient during the consultation with him/her. The decision to carry out surgery shall be at the discretion of the consultant/surgeon and the anaesthetist only.
- The patient warrants that having read and understood these terms and conditions that no cause of action in negligence will accrue against MCC for any procedure carried out by the consultant/surgeon. The patient further warrants that he/she fully understands the range of possible outcomes of the proposed procedure and has read and understood the Patient Information leaflet, if provided.
- The patient acknowledges that other staff employed by MCC are not Doctors or surgeons. Any advice that the staff may give is purely of a non-medical nature and should not be relied upon. This includes all staff employed at MCC other than doctors/consultant surgeons. If the patient has any queries or concerns, then these should be raised with during the consultation with the consultant surgeon before their surgery/procedure.
- The patient agrees to provide a medical health history that is honest, accurate, reliable and complete. The patient understands that withholding any medical information could be detrimental to his/her health and safety or the outcome of the procedure. If this is discovered prior to the procedure it may result in cancellation of the procedure. The patient agrees that if any change occurs in his or her health medical condition or status then he/she should inform the surgeon without delay to keep them informed.
- The minimum age for any consultation or surgical procedure is 18 years of age.
- The patient agrees that in signing this set of terms and conditions that he/she has understood the terms and has been given the opportunity to seek explanation. The patient agrees that he/she has fully discussed and agreed with their consultant surgeon as to the procedure that has been planned for before your operation and that you understand all the potential risk and benefits. You must sign this form before surgery commences. The patient understands that MCC carries no liability for any breach of contract between the patient and the consultant/surgeon/anaesthetist. Any and all liability lies with the consultant/surgeon/anaesthetist.
- The patient will be required to sign a medical consent form at the hospital where their treatment is to be carried out prior to surgery.
- In the interest of patient safety and welfare, we reserve the right to cancel or postpone your procedure, although such changes will be avoided wherever possible. The patient understands that no consequential loss will be payable for the short notice cancellation of any procedures/treatment/appointment.
MCC Surgery Package Inclusions
The MCC surgery package includes the following:
a. Consultation, assessment and physical examination with the consultant surgeon
b. There will be a 14-day reflection/cooling off period from the day of the initial consultation.
c. Pre-operative screening – to include all routine pre-op blood tests and other routine investigations related to your procedure. If your surgeon thinks that you require further tests/investigations then these would be invoiced separately.
- Hospital Stay
a. The appropriate post-op accommodation at the hospital if required. this will be conformed to you in writing by the hospital prior to your surgery. Additional charges will apply for additional nights’ stay. This will be discussed with you before the additional stay is confirmed.
b. All nursing care and facilities.
c. All theatre fees and dressings.
d. All surgeon fees.
e. All anaesthetist fees.
f. Any necessary prostheses (e.g. breast implants), as agreed to you in writing prior to your surgery.
a. Our aim is to offer all patients their first choice of admission date. However, in certain circumstances this may not be possible and we reserve the right change the date of admission in these cases. Should the admission date ned to be changed, we will give you maximum prior notice whenever possible.
b. Hospital costs incurred which are not included in the package will be charged at the hospital’s standard rates.
c. Your surgeon will meet with you prior to your procedure on the day of your surgery. The possible risks and complications associated with your procedure will be reiterated during this process and you will be asked to sign a surgical consent form.
a. The decision as to whether you are fit for discharge is at the discretion of your Consultant. Should you wish to stay in hospital after you have been declared fit for discharge, the hospital’s standard charges will apply and will be subject to availability of beds and staff.
b. If you discharge yourself against the advice of your consultant, no further services will be provided as part of your package.
c. If you require or request an overnight stay, but prior to your surgery requested and paid for a daycase procedure only, you maybe liable for an additional charge of £1000. This charge will need to be paid directly to MCC within 30 days of discharge from the hospital. No refund will be given if you leave the hospital earlier than expected.
d. You will require a chaperone to escort you home.
- Aftercare Package
a. Take home medications (analgesics and antibiotics) for up to 5 days following discharge.
b. Unlimited post-op care from the nursing team and/or surgeon, where appropriate.
c. Any prescriptions related to the surgery/procedure.
d. Scheduled telephone contact with coordinator post-operatively.
e. MCC reserves the right to apply a cancellation fee of £25 for any appointment that is not cancelled with 72 hours’ notice.
f. Out of office helpline for clinical emergencies.
g. Any emergency readmission surgery.
h. For up to 1 year after your operation, where you and your surgeon both agree that further surgery is required, MCC will provide, if clinically appropriate, revision surgery, including hospital and anaesthetist fees, free of charge. If your surgeon decides that the results of the procedure fall within the acceptable normal limits of surgery, or the results are in line with the expectations set out by the consultant during the consultation stage, fees maybe payable for revision or corrective surgery.
i. We work hard to ensure that all post-surgery outcomes are in-line with the re-surgery expectations.
j. In instances where you are not happy with your result, we invite you to come back to the clinic to meet with the surgeon who performed your surgery. If you and your surgeon both agree that the result is not what was agreed, you will be provided revision surgery free of charge.
k. Any changes in appearance, including lifestyle pregnancy, illness or the natural aging process that have a considerable effect on the results of the original surgery may prevent MCC providing free-of-charge care.
l. If a diagnostic test or investigation is required as part of the treatment plan or to ascertain if treatment is required then, depending on the circumstances, the cost may not be covered by MCC.
m. You must follow the advice and guidance given to you by the nurses in the post-op appointments and the advice and guidance provided in the literature given to you by the MCC team. Failure to do so may prevent MCC from continuing the provision of aftercare to you.
- Discharge appointments
a. You will be provided with dressing clinic appointment prior to your discharge from the hospital. You will also have a follow up appointment with your surgeon.
MCC Surgery Package Exclusions
The MCC surgery package excludes the following:
- Diagnostic tests or services not included in the package quoted above
- Personal costs during your hospital stay such as room international calls
- Any medication prescribed after discharge from the hospital
- Any additional surgery or investigations or costs associated with hospital readmission
- Ambulance or other transport costs unless specifically included in the package
- Hotel accommodation costs, unless specifically included in the package.
- Additional written correspondence to GPs, /consultants and cosmetic surgeons outside MCC will attract an additional charge.
- Any cost not specified as included
- MCC is not responsible for costs associated with travel to other clinics or practitioners even if they are recommended by us.
- MCC do not cover cost of loss of earnings for any patient at any time or their chaperone/family
- All cosmetic surgery carries an element of risk
- Complications will be discussed with your surgeon/consultant during your consultation and in the information leaflets provided. If you have any questions relating to the risks, you should speak with your surgeon at the earliest opportunity
- MCC will not accept liability for complications arising from procedures or adjustments performed elsewhere by other organisations or practitioners
- On very rare occasions a pre-existing condition maybe diagnosed during surgery which prevents the surgeon from continuing with the procedure. In such circumstances costs associated with the hospital, surgeon and anaesthetist will be payable in full, though costs associated with aftercare will be refunded.
- Smoking increases the risk of an operation or post-op complication. If you do smoke, you should inform your surgeon who may require you to stop for a period before your surgery. Failure to do so could at the discretion of the surgeon result in the procedure being rescheduled for a later date.
- You will be provided with a written quotation for your procedure, which will state both the price and the number of nights stay and any special prosthesis
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing by us, the price of the surgery will be the price set out in the written quotation
- MCC reserves the right to withdraw the written quotation at any time prior to the surgery
- MCC reserves the right not to offer either a treatment package or treatment for any reason
- MCC may increase the quoted price at any time prior to the surgery, if information becomes available which, in the opinion of MCC, may increase operative risks or require further investigations
- Patients with major medical complications such as heart disease, diabetes, chronic obstructive airways disease, sleep apnoea syndrome, etc may also incur additional costs. These will be notified in advance of your procedure.
- If decide to go ahead with surgery, a deposit of £500 will normally be taken to secure your place on the operating list.
- Payment must be made in full 28 days prior to admission. MCC reserves the right to refuse admission for the procedure for any patient who has not paid in full.
- In the event that a procedure is booked within 28 days of the procedure date, the full payment is due immediately
- Payment can be made using most debit cards. Personal cheques are accepted by prior arrangement and must be received 28 days before the date of admission
- If funds from a personal cheque have failed to clear 28 days before the date of surgery, MCC reserves the right to refuse your admission to hospital for the procedure
- Payment maybe made by BACS. The funds should be cleared 28 days prior to your surgery
- MCC recognises that due to unforeseen circumstances, it may be necessary to cancel or reschedule your surgery. If this is necessary, please note that you must advise us of your intention to cancel/postpone your surgery by telephone, e-mail or fax within 7 days of the time of your scheduled admission.
- If you need to reschedule your surgery date, a rescheduling fee may apply as follows:
a. Reschedule with less than 14 days’ notice 25% reschedule fee
b. Reschedule with less than 7 days’ notice 40% reschedule fee
c. Reschedule with less than 1 day’s notice 65% reschedules fee
- If you need to cancel your surgery date, a cancellation fee may apply as follows:
a. Cancellation with less than 14 days’ notice 50% cancellation fee
b. Cancellation with less than 7 days’ notice 65% cancellation fee
c. Cancellation with less than 1 day’s notice 80% cancellation fee
- Cancellations necessary due to previously unknown medical conditions will be rescheduled where possible and rescheduling fees may be reduced at the discretion of the Facility Provider. If after reasonable consideration the indicated medical condition prevents rescheduling of the procedure, the Facility Provider will consider full refund of the monies paid
- If the procedure is abandoned intra-operatively due to unforeseen medical conditions, The Facility Provider will retain sufficient monies to cover the cost incurred as reasonably deemed fit
- The complaints procedure is available on request from MCC. If you have a complaint regarding any aspect of your treatment, we recommend that you discuss this with your Patient Coordinator in the first instance
- If your concerns or complaint fails to be resolved at the clinic level and you wish to submit a formal complaint, this should be put in writing as per instructions on our complaints policy www.mycosmeticclinics.com/
- If, after your operation, you and your surgeon agree that further surgery is required (as part of the original procedure), the consultant surgeon may not charge you any
further fees, however, there maybe additional fees payable for anaesthesia and the use of the hospital.
- Where further surgery is agreed, but you request a different consultant surgeon to perform this further surgery, as opposed to the original consultant surgeon, the new consultant surgeon may charge their fees to you
- If the patient fails to attend review appointments or follow advice and guidance given, or where the results of the surgery originally provided have been affected by changes in lifestyle, illness or the natural ageing process, MCC cannot commit to providing continuing surgery
Data Protection Policy (GDPR)/Confidentiality
- We take your privacy seriously and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998, promise that all the details of your personal profile (name, address, date of birth, etc) and any medical information will remain private on a secure server. Data maybe shared in the following circumstances:
a. Sharing of information to the hospital to accept you as a patient for your procedure. The hospital may require us to send your contact details, date of birth, height and weight measurements, GP details and occasionally other information that you have provided on your essential details form. These details are used for admission only. On rare occasions, you may be contacted directly by hospital staff prior to your procedure to change admission times, etc.
b. Sharing of information with your GP to keep your GP informed of your procedure. We will send a copy of your discharge summary, unless you have indicated that your GP is not to be contacted
- If you wish for your information to remain private from key family members or you prefer not to be contacted in certain ways, please inform a member of MCC’s administration team who will record this in your notes.
- We will never discuss your case with anyone but yourself, unless you give permission for us to do so. If we need to leave an urgent message for you (for example by telephone) we will identify ourselves as MCC staff.
- You can unsubscribe from any MCC newsletters or other marketing materials at any time.
- Access to medical records – You may request access to your medical records under GDRP, Subject Access Request
- During pre-operative, admission, discharge and post-operative stages, photographs may be taken for medical reasons by your consultant surgeon/MCC. Photographs may be used for marketing purposes; however, this will only be with your written consent. The photographs will not breach your confidentiality.
- A party to this agreement shall not be liable for any delay or failure in the performance of any obligation under this agreement caused by Force Majeure.
- The laws of England and Wales shall apply to this contract and the Couts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction.
- MCC reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. The latest Terms and conditions are available on request from the Clinic.